If you want a job that guarantees that you will be doing some traveling consider some of the following career courses.
1.Airline/Cruise line Working for a major airline will allow you to get free flight benefits for you, your significant other, and your children. The bonus now, you don’t have to be married like the old days. You can have a “travel buddy” your mom, BFF, or spouse. Cruise line employees get to travel all over the world, but are not guaranteed time off the ship at ports. But you will get discounts on travel.
2. A Buyer If you are a buyer for a major company you will likely fly all over the world checking out products. Companies like Target, Best Buy, etc all have “buyers” who travel the world finding the next cool product.
3. Teach English Countries outside the US will hire you to teach English as a second language. I have a friend who taught English in Costa Rica for two years. It was quite and adventure!
4. Volunteer for the Peace Corp Volunteers in the Peace Corp not only do great work for other nations, but they get to travel and live in other countries. My brother in law joined and lived in Mexico for three years. He met his now wife there and they have pretty much the coolest bi-lingual three year old on Earth. (Can you tell I am biased?)
5. Au Pair Apply for full time nanny/Au Pair positions in Europe. Enough said.
6. Writer/Blogger If you can write books, ghost write, monetize a blog, etc you can work where you can get internet.
7. Web Design/Graphic Design If you can build up a client base you can freelance these and many other jobs that you can do from the comfort of your own home, or a beach…or a cafe in France, its really up to you.
There are so many jobs that you can do that will allow you to travel, if that is what you want to do start putting yourself out there and make it happen. People where not made to be still.
Thanks for reading, SKOL Bold North